Degrees and Certifications:
Mrs. Melanie Poppenwimer
Welcome to Mrs. Poppenwimer's 8th grade ELA class! This is going to be a great year, and I look forward to meeting and working with all of you. We will be starting off this year in a remote setting and then moving to a hybrid model on October 12th. My email address is email@example.com if you have any questions or concerns.
1. Be prepared each day with your ELA materials. (Charged laptop, quiet workspace, pencil/pen, student agenda, vocabulary book, digital notebook.
2. Keep your binder (notebook) organized throughout the school year. The notebook will be digital this year and located on Google Classroom.
3. Grading Policy: 50% Summative (Tests, Projects, Notebook Grade), 40% Formative (Quizzes, Comprehension Questions, Writing Pieces), Independent Practice 10% (Homework, Practice Worksheets)
4. Late Policy on Graded Assignments: One day late: 10 points taken off. Two days late: 20 points taken off. After that, the assignment will not be accepted. *Exceptions will be made for specific scenarios.
5. Homework will not be accepted late.
*Remote/Online Learning Lesson Plans Located Under Assignments!
*Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions/concerns!
*Parents/Guardians, if you would like to be added to your child's Google Classroom, please send me an email with your current email information and you will be added! This is an excellent way to track your child's progress within our classroom each day.