8th GRADE UNITS OF STUDY
Violence/Abuse : Bullying, Abuse/Neglect, Human Trafficking, Gangs, Violence
Basic First Aid: safety, responding to emergencies, wounds/burns, CPR/AED
Disease Prevention - Communicable and Non-Communicable Diseases
* HIV/AIDS , Sexually Transmitted Infections
* Heart Disease
*Feelings and Behaviors
* Teen Pregnancy and Parenthood
Nutrition & Fitness: Body Image/Eating DIsorder, Obesity, Weight Management
CampFire Program- provided by “Strive to Thrive” (NJ Non-Profit Program)
- Relationships:: Students will demonstrate knowledge of various types of relationships by identifying key terms and individuals who can have an impact on their lives.
- Legal/ Illegal Drug Unit - Students will demonstrate knowledge on the various types of legal and illegal drugs including alcohol, marijuana, opiates and more
- Body Systems Unit: Students will demonstrate knowledge of various body systems (skeletal, muscle, digestive, endocrine, reproductive, etc.) Please use link below to use online study resource.(Chapter 17)
- Safety awareness/Fire: Safety rules and guides for bus, vehicle, school, neighborhood, home, and sports safety.
- Promise for Tomorrow - Suicide prevention/awareness, Jason Foundation Video/ Role playing and character questions/solutions, writing a Plan of Action