- If there is a medical or mental health emergency, call 911 or proceed to your nearest emergency room.
- Hotlines and Helplines for various needs
- Dial 211 for assistance with basic needs
- Social Services - Food Pantry, Energy Assistance
- Hamilton School District Community Resourse Guide
- Community Meals at Kuser for the whole family, every Thursday from 3:30 - 5:00, at the back of school on Walker Avenue.
- Food Distribution Flyer
Food Distribution Flyer Haitian Creole Version
Food Distribution Flyer Spanish Version
- Apply for government benefits
- List of Free Food in Trenton Area
- List of Local Food Pantries
- Unemployment insurance
- If you were let go specifically due to Coronavirus, including those who are self-employed and unable to work due to government restrictions
- If you are getting fewer hours at work, consider partial unemployment insurance benefits.
- The Division of Labor provides a helpful Q&A that covers many unemployment scenarios, including if you are unable to work because you have to stay home to care for a child.
Housing & Utilities
- Governor Phil Murphy signed a bill that gave him the authority place a moratorium on evictions of homeowners amid foreclosure proceedings, and he signed an executive order to “immediately suspend” such actions
- Lenders can still pursue foreclosures but would not be able to carry out a removal until the order is lifted.
- Worried about evictions? NO ONE will be evicted from their homes during this time.
- Like foreclosures, evictions are on hold in New Jersey for the same time period.
- Utility bills: Pay if you can, but they won’t turn out the lights
- PSE&G said in a statement, “In the interest of protecting public health, PSE&G is temporarily suspending shutoffs of electric or gas service to residential customers for non-payment.”
Resources for Mental Health Needs
- Performcare - Emotional and/or behavioral concerns for your child. Call 1-877-652-7624
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-8255
- NJ Hopeline 1-855-654-6735
- 2nd Floor Youth Helpline 1-888-222-2228 (call or text)
- Good Grief - runnng virtual support groups if you have lost someone and has resources for those grieving.
- Psychology Today - find a therapist that conducts online/phone counseling
- New Jersey Mental Health Cares - call 877-294-4357 8 AM to 8 PM for emotional support, guidance and mental health referrals as needed.
- Mental Health Association in New Jersey - English and Spanish website with resources and bilingual hotline
COVID-19 Specific Resources
- Coronavirus: What to Say and Do If Your Child Has to Stay Home
- Talking to Kids About the Coronavirus
- Mental Health and Coping During COVID-19
- Mental Health Considerations During COVID-19
- 5 Ways to Help Teens Manage Anxiety About the Coronavirus
- Parent/Caregiver Guide to Helping Families Cope With the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- Child Mind Institute: Talking to Kids About the Coronavirus Video & Article
- NPR Coronavirus and Parenting: What You Need to Know Now
- National Association of School Psychologists Talking to Children About Covid-19
- CDC Talking with Children about Coronavirus Disease 2019: Messages for parents, school staff, and others working with children
- InnerKids: Coronavirus Resources for Families and Schools: Things We Think You'd Like to Know
- My kids school is closed, so what now?
- Supporting Kids through Covid-19 at home
Coping with Stress & Anxiety