Library access during hybrid and remote learning
Procedures during full, in-person learning
- The library is open from 7:30 am until 2:30 pm daily when Ms. Rogers (or a covering teacher) is present.
- Extended library hours from 2:50 pm until 4:30 pm are available Monday - Thursday (starting 9/16/19), unless otherwise noted.
- The library is occasionally reserved for meetings or other events. Please be considerate of others, and do not enter the library when the "closed" signs are posted.
- Books may be checked out for a period of three weeks, and may be renewed.
- Please return books on time and in good condition. Fines will be charged for damaged and lost materials.
- Historical yearbooks are for in-library use only, and cannot be checked out.
- During the school day, students must have a pink pass to the library, signed by a subject teacher, guidance counselor, or administrator.
- Students will sign in and out at the circulation desk. Please note the number of your computer workstation on the sign in sheet.
- Students using the library during the lunch periods are asked to remain in the library for the entire class period. Attendance will be taken at several points during the period.
- Before and after school, students are welcome to use the library without a pass.
Computers (Workstations and Laptops):
- Computers are for academic use. School and district acceptable use policies will be enforced.
- Classes and faculty have precedence over individual student visitors. Please check the class schedule posted each day in the library for computer availability.
- Students are asked to use the printers for school use only. B&W printouts are 10 cents per page. Color printer use is available on a limited basis, at 25 cents per page. Please see the main desk for assistance.
- All district computer policies apply and will be enforced with regard to library computers and personal devices.
- Any websites that are blocked by Hamilton school district are strictly prohibited. The use of proxies or other devices to navigate around the filters will results in disciplinary action.
- Use of the computers for streaming media may be limited during periods of heavy network use.
- Food and/or drinks are not permitted at the library computers.
- Photocopies are available at 10 cents per page. Please see the main desk for assistance.
Personal Mobile Devices (Cellphones, tablets, headphones/earbuds, etc.)
- Students visiting the library independently may use cellphones, mobile/gaming devices and headphones in a responsible manner that does not disturb those around them. Permitted cell phone uses DO NOT include phone/video calls, photography, video recording, or any other use in violation of district policy. All devices should be set to silent.
- Teachers' individual classroom policies will be followed for classes using the library.
- School and district acceptable use policies will be enforced.
- Please do not leave personal devices unattended.