8th Grade Thrills
Congratulations! You are now the leaders of the school! You have a big responsibility to show the 6th and 7th graders how it should be done. You’ve worked hard during your time at Reynolds and this is the year to reap your rewards. There are many fun and exciting events that are planned for you. Here are just a few that top the list:
Sporting Events: Eighth graders have the opportunity to participate in the faculty/student football game, turkey shoot basketball, and the anchor house volleyball game.
Pan Picture: Each 8th grader will be a given a RMS t-shirt with each student from the class listed on the back and a 10” x 24” pan picture. It is a great way to remember your classmates! This year the picture will be taken TBA.
Frog Bridge: Eligible 8th graders (passing grades and good discipline) will be invited to the end of the year picnic on June 3rd.
8th Grade Social: This is a semi-formal event for eligible 8th graders. It will be held at the Nottingham Ballroom on June 10th.
8th Field Day: Eighth graders show their skills in some friendly competitions. TBD from 8-12.
Awards Ceremony: The awards ceremony is dedicated to the students in the 8th grade who academically achieved in the following ways:
- Honor Roll Distinction Award- All A's final average for 8th grade
- Honor Roll Highest Distinction Award- All A's Cumulative final average (grades 6-8)
- Presidential Award for Academic Excellence- 3.5 or higher cumulative average (6,7,8) in Math, ELA, Science & Social Studies AND a score of Level 5 - Exceeds expectations on the NJSLA Assessment.
**Averages for the 3 awards listed above are determined the day before the invitations are given to the students. Invitations are given out the morning of the 8th grade social.**
- Presidential Award for Academic Achievement- (Teacher recommended)
This award is given to students who strive to maintain a good average in their 8th grade year despite obstacles that get in their way.
- Academic Excellence in a Subject Area- (Teacher recommended)
- Don Simms Award- (Teacher recommended) Community Service and Academic Achievement Award
This year's virtal ceremony will be held TBA. 8th Grade Awards Ceremony will take place virtually on HTV and the District's YouTube Channel (and the school's website) at 5 PM.