Academic databases are searchable collection of resources, usually from journal articles that are peer reviewed. This means that they have been submitted and published in the academic world (they are reliable). The database helps you search multiple articles and journals simulataneously to find relevant information.
This is the most extensive collection of Academic Databases and will work in a similar fashion to a college level database. This is good for research projects and college-level or AP research papers.
This site is great for regular school projects. It gives a bit more information than an encyclopedia, but is not on the level of a college academic database.
- African American History Online African-American History Online explores more than 500 years of African-American history through biographies, historical and topical subject entries, images, maps and charts, primary source documents, and general and subject-specific timelines.
- American History Online--Facts on FileSpans more than 500 years of political, military, social, and cultural history, highlighting the important people and events of the American experience.
- American Indian History Online--Facts on FileOffers thorough access to more than 15,000 years of Native American culture, history, and heritage through biographies, images, maps and charts, legends, primary sources, and timelines.
- American Women's History Online--Facts on File Covers the important people, events, legislation, and issues relevant to the study of women's history in the United States through biographies, historical and topical subject entries, images, maps and charts, primary source documents, and general and subject-specific timelines.
- Ancient and Medieval History Online--Facts on File Explores the pre-modern world with in-depth focus on Egypt, Mesopotamia, Greece, Rome, Africa, Europe, the Americas, and Asia.
- Bloom's Literary Reference Online --Facts on File Examines great writers, important works, memorable characters, and influential movements and events in world literature.
- Curriculum Resource Center --Facts on File Provides a library of printable teacher-handout material for the middle school, high school, and junior college curriculum.
- Ferguson's Career Guidance Center --Facts on File Provides detailed profiles of more than 3,300 jobs and 94 industries, invaluable advice on career skills, more than 48,000 resource entries, and much more!
- Health Reference Center --Facts on FileProvides clear and comprehensive information on conditions and diseases, health and wellness, mental health, and the human body.
- Modern World History Online--Facts on File Covers the people, places, and events in the broad expanse of history—from mid-15th century to the present through biographies, historical and topical subject entries, images, maps and charts, primary source documents, and general and subject-specific timelines.
- Personal & Business Forms Online --Facts on File Provides printable forms for a wide range of personal, business, and government categories, including individual income taxes.
- Science Online--Facts on File Presents a broad range of scientific disciplines through extensive definitions, essays, diagrams, biographies, and experiments.
- World Atlas--Facts on File Combines detailed, printable, full-color maps of countries, provinces, and states with up-to-date statistical and local information.
SUMMARY: A variety of resources including full text newspaper and magazine articles, a history reference center, a literary reference center, a points of view reference center, a science reference center, a biography collection, and a health source: consumer edition.
- Academic Search Premier
- Biography Collection Complete
- Business Source Premier
- Career Transitions
- Contemporary Authors
- Frost & Sullivan
- Health Source: Consumer Edition
- Health Source: Nursing/Academic Edition
- History Reference Center
- Job and Career Accelerator
- Library, Information Science & Technology Abstracts (LISTA)
- Literary Reference Center
- MAS Ultra School Edition
- MasterFILE Premier
- MiddleSearch Plus
- NoveList Plus K-8
- NoveList Plus
- Points of View Reference Center
- Primary Search
- Professional Development Collection
- Reference USA
- Referencia Latina
- Regional Business News
- Salud en Español
- Science Reference Center
- Small Business Resource Center