Welcome to Mrs. Houtras' Web page!
Please contact me at any time at firstname.lastname@example.org
School begins on Wednesday, September 8th, 2021 on a ½ day schedule.
Information about your math class:
Follow Codes of conduct from your assignment pads which you will receive at the start of school. Keep Assignment pad with you in every class.
- Follow classroom procedures.
- Respect yourself, classmates, teachers, and environment.
- Be prepared for class.
- Take pride in your work.
- Think positive and try your best.
- I am very excited to be your 6th grade math teacher this year in person!!! My philosophy is your most basic abilities can be developed through dedication and hard work. We are here to support each other and grow together. You do not have to be the best, you just have to try your best!
- Students for math classes will need a 1- 1/2 inch binder, dividers, notebook or paper and a pencil case with red and blue pen for grading, a pack of pencils, highlighter, box of tissues if you can, ear buds and calculator. I do have calculators if you are not able to bring your own. A folder will be sent home for hw and binder should be brought to class daily but may remain in school. Also bring your chromebooks to school daily.
Google Classroom Codes: Please see all up to date instructions to classwork/Homework in Google Classroom. Please join our class using your class code:
Google Classroom Codes:
Period 1/3: 6th grade math: vu5yrul
Period 4/6: 6th grade Inclusion with Mrs. Kinsley in A-4: 2hafdw3
Period 7/9: 6th grade math: im5d733
Please visit your child's Powerschool Portal and check assignment pad daily to view all upcoming due dates for assessments, projects, and homework.
How your grade is calculated:
(Summative Grades)=50% of grade: Includes Tests, Projects, Research Papers, Essays, may include district formed assessments.
(Formative Grade)= 40% of grade: Includes Quizzes, Notebook/Binder Checks, and Class Work.
(Individual Practice)=10% of grade: Includes Homework Grade/classwork, Participation grade.
Schedule for 2021-22 school year.
Pd 1/3: Homeroom and 6th grade Math block in A1
Pd 4/6: 6th grade Math Inclusion class with Mrs. Kinsley in A4 Please visit Mrs. Kinsley's website and google classroom for classroom information.
Pd 7/9: 6th grade Math block in A1
The math class is designed to cover new and foundational concepts. Programs to be used are Into Math, V Math and supplemental materials. Concepts to be covered will be integers, fractions, decimals, understanding percent, simplifying expressions and interpreting equations, geometry concepts such as finding area and perimeter, and problem solving strategies. Students will also be strengthening previous skills that may need attention. Learner will use a multisensory approach to improve in areas. Students will be given a participation grade as part of their individual practice as they, inquire, share, explain, and solve problems together.
HOPE: Hamilton Opens Pathways to Excellence