The library media center is an integral part of the instructional program at Hamilton West High School, and is dedicated to ensuring that school community members are effective users of ideas and information. Our mission is accomplished:
- by providing intellectual and physical access to material in a variety of formats
- by providing instruction to foster competence in accessing, evaluating and utilizing information
- by promoting an interest in reading, viewing, and using information and ideas
- by collaborating with other educators to design learning strategies to meet the needs of individual students
- by gathering resources and planning activities that complement and supplement the curriculum and contribute to lifelong learning
- Books can be checked out for two weeks.
- Print magazines can be checked out for one night.
- Reference Books and Material is for library use only and can not be checked out.
Return books on time to avoid fines. There is a 5 cent charge per item per day for late material.
- During school students must have a pass signed by a subject teacher. Students will sign in at the circulation desk and remain in the library for the entire class period. Library computers are for academic purposes only.
- Before and after school students are welcome to use the library without a pass
- Computers are for school use only. Students who are caught playing games or using the work stations for personal use may lose library privileges.
- Students are asked to use the printers for school use only.
- Any websites that are blocked by Hamilton school district are strictly prohibited. The use of proxies or other devices to navigate around the filters will recieve disciplinary action.
- Students are not allowed to have food or drink at the library computers.